What is Astym Therapy?
Astym stands for a stimulation of the body’s healing response. This treatment results in the restoration or reabsorption of scar tissue and regeneration of deteriorated tendons. The procedure is a non-invasive therapy that works quickly and is consistent with no medication, no needles, and no surgery.
The Astym treatment is specific and has proven effective through documented, consistent, desirable outcomes – results physicians and patients have come to rely on and trust. Developed by a research team of physicians, physical therapists, and scientists, this protocol-driven system produces long-term results with short-term therapy, even when other treatments have failed. Only Astym-certified physical therapists may perform the Astym therapy.
Frequently Treated Conditions
- Ankle Sprain
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Thumb/Finger Sprain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Golfer’s Elbow (Medial Epicondylosis)
- Hamstring Strain
- Groin Sprain/Strain
- IT Band Syndrome
- Joint Contractures
- Jumper’s Knee (Patellar Tendinopathy)
- Overuse Injuries
- Plantar Fasciopathy/Heel Spurs
- Scar Tissue/Adhesions
- Shin Splints
- Impingement/Tendinopathy of Rotator Cuff
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylosis)
- Wrist Sprain
- Pain/Loss of Motion Following Surgery/Trauma
The Benefits of Astym
- Safe and effective: Astym therapy is one of the most studied and effective treatments available. It is supreme in its ability to resolve tendinopathies, scar tissue problems, and other soft tissue dysfunctions.
- The process is quick: The treatment process lasts only four to six weeks (8-10 visits).
- You get to stay active: During Astym you are encouraged to carry on with normal activities. You can still go to work and stay in your sport or favorite exercise without having to take time off from your life while you recover.
- It is non-invasive: The Astym process involves no needles and no incisions.
- It fixes the problem: Astym does not treat the symptoms or hide the issue with a temporary solution. Instead, the Astym process stimulates the body to restore healthy tissues, and heal correctly and completely.
- Certified therapists: Only certified Astym therapists offer this therapy. These physical therapists undergo thorough training, and they will give you the results you expect from Astym treatment.
- Research: Experienced medical professionals established Astym treatment through years of clinical use and detailed study.
Astym Therapy is one of the most researched and effective treatments available. When your health and ability to stay active is at stake, only the best will do. If you are interested in Astym therapy, visit our Astym page or call Norfolk Physical Therapy at (402) 371-9707 to schedule your next appointment today!
Posted on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Last modified on: Tuesday, April 3, 2018